Skip to content
Our work activities include:
- Providing quality epilepsy services to the people of Ethiopia through facilitating the integration of epilepsy service into primary health care services.
- Rehabilitative programmes through CareEpilepsy’s rehabilitation centre.
- Developing contextually appropriate programmes and providing community education about the causes and treatment of epilepsy.
- Partnering with tribal, religious, and community leaders to disseminate information and combat stigma and discrimination.
- Training nurses and clinical officers to manage patients with epilepsy and integrate services into existing local primary care programs, particularly in rural areas.
- Organizing and supporting national, regional, and district level surveys to assess the epilepsy burden, barriers to care, and resource needs.
- Fostering and facilitating regional and international collaborations to create epilepsy training opportunities for both neurologists and primary healthcare providers.