Skip to content
Facilitating Medical Care
- As a result of our campaign and intervention, Yeka Sub-City Health Office has increased and facilitated access to anti-epileptic medication to people with epilepsy.
- The number of people adhering to the prescribing regimens by pharmacists/doctors has also increased through awareness raising programmes that target people with epilepsy and their families.
- In collaboration with the Addis Ababa University, research was conducted that addressed the availability and access to anti-epilepsy medication
- Initial preparations to build the capacity of Yeka Sub-City health officers and enable them to diagnose and treat epilepsy patients have been completed
- Facilitated medication access to 12 people with epilepsy through the ‘poorest of the poor’ card system that was already in the government Health system.